2 Comments

Blog life after my wife kicked me off her's.

8/03/2009

A Visit to Conan

Posted by Jon |

Jess and I spent this past week with her family in Newport Beach. The highlight of the week was a trip to Conan O'Brien. In the weeks leading up to the trip, we all (and by we all I mean Candice, Rob, and myself) sent off multiple emails for ticket requests. We ended up with tickets to Tuesday and Friday. We had 8 tickets for 10 people and wouldn't you know that I'd draw the short straw. Fortunately, my dear wife gave me her ticket. I was scheduled to attend on Friday, July 31st.

A couple days before the trip, I found out that Heidi Klum was scheduled for the Tuesday show. Now, I think the world of Heidi Klum...not just for her incredible body (that is most certainly on the Mount Rushmore of super models), but because of her personality. She seems to just be a good, down-to-earth, person. To top things off, she has consistently been one of Conan's best interviews over the years.

At any rate, Rob ended up guilt tripping Candice into switching me tickets so that I could witness Heidi in person. Part way through the show (during a break), I was regretting putting up the fuss to switch shows, when suddenly Heidi shielded her eyes to look up in the crowd. What ensued was a brief, but affectionate connection between Heidi and myself. You see, when she shielded her eyes to look towards me, I gave her an energetic wave that was quickly followed by a wave on her end and a slight glimmer in her eyes. Okay, maybe I made up the glimmer part, but the wave was definitely there. Heids (as I'd imagine you would now want me to call you)...you will always have a special place in my heart. Here she is smiling about our exchange.

I also want to mention how sorry I am that Candice didn't end up making it on time to the Friday show. I am beginning to feel bad again...

1 comments:

Becky said...

Hmmm.. I think Jess needs to cancel her Vicky's subscription. Or does it just come in your name now, Jon? Ha ha.

Glad to hear y'all had a great trip! I can't wait to hear more about Conan.

Stay cool, my babies.