2 Comments

Blog life after my wife kicked me off her's.

3/09/2010

And the [NHL] Winner Is...

Posted by Jon |

The Buffalo Sabres.

I know. I am not happy about it either. Dave's argument was convincing. I have thought about it a lot since. I think my only chance at becoming an NHL fan is following a story that I care about. It will be difficult to pick up any kind of dedication towards a team without some kind of connection. I tried it with the NFL as a junior high student: I thought I could become a Browns fan. That didn't work at all. Soon, the Eagles were starting Ty Detmer and my love for the Eagles stuck. So, Ryan Miller, you are to blame for this. When your contract expires in 2014 (yes, I looked up his contract to make sure I wasn't committing to a team only for Miller to leave in the off season), I reserve the right to switch teams. For now, it is the Sabres (I guess). I'll try to be more excited about this after watching a few games.

Also, I will try not to think of Dunder Mifflin's new parent company when I say Sabre.

0 comments: