2 Comments

Blog life after my wife kicked me off her's.

2/04/2010

Twitter

Posted by Jon |

For the past five+ years, I have been fighting a losing battle against social networking. I am proud to say that I do not have a myspace, facebook, or linkedin account. Despite this, I have a dark secret...and its name is Twitter. You see, it all started a few months ago when I was battling for season Jazz tickets. To be able to answer one of the day's question for season tickets, you were required to follow the 1320 staff on Twitter. I did the unthinkable that morning...[t][w][i][t][t][e][r][.][c][o][m]...I felt like a democrat at a tea party. The first few weeks were innocent - trying to win the radio contests while following Ocho Cinco and Shaq. Then my first few tweets happened:

Going to timp cave. I think I licked the salt/pepper shaker last time @ ~10 yrs old.
10:57 AM Oct 17th, 2009 from mobile web

My second visit to Hicksville. Hicksville? It is just south of Muttontown.
9:08 PM Nov 3rd, 2009 from web

I dare u to name a 5 hr drive more boring than the drive from slc to boise
2:35 AM Nov 25th, 2009 from mobile web

Pretty soon I was hooked. It has the advantages to blogging, but it can be done from my best friend not named Jess - my mobile phone. It was a match made in heaven.

Now you know Liz...there is a reason my blog has run dry. As to update you on the last few days of my life, here are my latest tweets:

Remind me again why I can't watch Lebron and D Wade in the 4th? Oh yeah, we are recording Grey's Anatomy (and The Office).
about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Beck after Ira knocked down his domino office building for the fifth time: "he is not my brother anymore"
about 1 hour ago from mobile web

@insaneinidaho In 6 months, you will be glad to have and extra driver and sad to pay the insurance and repair bills.
about 4 hours ago from web

One minute after downing a full dose of Nyquil: "Jon, I think my water broke"
1:00 AM Feb 3rd from mobile web

Don't worry, it was a false alarm. For further updates, see Jon_Shipley on Twitter. A shout out to my current Twitter follower (my sister Holly - @insaneinidaho).

3 comments:

Holly said...

Yes, yes, the things I do for my brother so he can feel like he isn't just talking to cyberspace when he tweets. . . :)

Liz said...

Thanks for the update. I have a twitter for work. But it was by force.... I will be your second follower, but only because you are having my favorite niece soon.

Brit H. said...

I don't have a twitter account. I do Facebook though. It has caused serious damage to my blog. It is so much easier to write a quick line then a whole story. Plus, like you said, I can do it from my phone. Sweet.

By the way- had NO idea that you guys were having another baby! Congrats. Glad we are friends...