2 Comments

Blog life after my wife kicked me off her's.

1/22/2009

French Interchanges

Posted by Jon |

It is official...UDOT is officially borrowing from the French. The following is a rendering of what my interchange is supposed to look like in 2 years. A diverging diamond interchange (DDI). The first in North America. I have a bad feeling about this.


All opposition to French-idea-borrowing aside, I kind of like the design with only one hesitation: both directions of traffic cannot flow at the same time. Maybe it is better that one direction is always flowing than the traditional alternative of stopping both directions of traffic for left-hand turns...Maybe they should elevate one direction of traffic above the other...

2 comments:

Heather said...

First round-abouts, now this--what is this world coming to? I'm very interested to see how it goes.

Holly said...

I think Heather should not knock the round abouts. I LOVE roundabouts. They beat Stop Signs ANYDAY! It does look like one of the streets needs to be elevated. I can't figure out how it works, otherwise. . .