2 Comments

Blog life after my wife kicked me off her's.

12/09/2008

Indirect Spouse Commands

Posted by Jon |

Those of you who don't have kids may not understand this common occurrence, but I find it funny that parents often tell their spouse what to do through their children. Now before you jump to conclusions and think this is specific to myself or Jess, know that I have seen numerous parents do this; it seems that it is an extremely common occurrence. Instead of talking directly to the wife (or vice versa), the husband will speak to the child in the presence of the wife "go downstairs and mom will make you some breakfast." And then the wife may say "after you eat, go outside and help dad clean the garage." Usually these occurrences happen without anybody thinking it is odd that the spouses aren't speaking directly to each other. It is apparently not acceptable to tell your spouse what to do, but it is acceptable to tell your kid what to do...I guess it is only logical that it is acceptable to tell your spouse what to do through your kids.

4 comments:

Brit H. said...

Hey, I didn't know that you went solo! AND yes, I know what you mean about the indirect spouse commands. ha ha

PS is Scotty alive?

Scotty D said...

Yes Brit, I'm alive. Unfortunately, without any kids yet, I don't completely feel the need to start a blog.

12-18-08 - worked
12-17-08 - worked
12-16-08 - worked

You can see how that would get pretty boring pretty quickly.

However, my wife is preginanté, so pretty soon, I'm sure she will have nothing better to do than post pictures and tell everybody how cute our kid is. At that time I'll make sure to link up to all these fun blogs so that the other 8 month old girls in the neighborhood can blog stalk my handsome little dude.

Heather said...

I am completely guilty of this. Completely. So is Steve. :)

Cheri said...

Ha ha ha .... Jon this was an awesome blog... Mark and I were laughing with smirks on our faces. We both have observed other parents doing as you wrote.
Of course Mark and I NEVER practice this.. ha ha ha ... What Juliette? you want such and such... go ask Dad/Mom!