2 Comments

Blog life after my wife kicked me off her's.

11/18/2008

Firsts

Posted by Jon |

Today marked a number of firsts in my life: (1) first time to New York, (2) first time to Maine, and (3) first time shaving using a non-electric razor. I have yet to see New York in the daylight (although I'm on Long Island as I write this) and I only saw about 2 miles of Maine (although I liked what I saw), so it turns out that shaving was by far the most exciting item on the list. I finished with only one major cut (after gaining too much confidence, briefly wondering if I really needed to re-apply shaving cream, finding out that I do indeed need the shaving cream, and learning what the term razor burn means).

Also, when we arrived at our Long Island hotel, the girl behind the desk asked us for an address because "the one in the computer just shows GPS coordinates." Apparently brother Brigham's city planning vision has not yet reached widespread acceptance.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's funny about the address :). I had no idea you were going on a trip. Very cool. Got a little taste of the female world with that razor! Aren't they fun?

Dave said...

I prefer the non-electric razor. It is a much smoother shave for me.